Meghan Markle has finally put an end to the widely speculated and rumored affair in a statement that her father will not be attending the Royal Wedding.
The announcement came on Thursday from Kensington Palace, two days prior to the wedding date. She said, “Sadly, my father will not be attending our wedding.”
She further added, “I have always cared for my father and hope he can be given the space he needs to focus on his health.”
Thomas Markle underwent heart surgery after experiencing chest pains over the last week. Reportedly, he said that he would not be able to attend the Royal wedding as he had to undergo a cardiac surgery. He also stated that he doesn’t want to embarrass his daughter and the Royal Family any further, after his staged paparazzi photos went viral.
On Tuesday, Thomas had a change of heart and told TMZ that he would like to go to London and walk Meghan down the aisle. He said, “I hate the idea of missing one of the greatest moments in history and walking my daughter down the aisle.”
However, he has to check back into the hospital.
The 73-year-old has been under media attention after the staged photographs of himself were exposed by paparazzi. He was also accused for doing so in exchange for money, but he insisted that money was not the motivation behind the act.
After the photo agency approached Thomas, he felt there was no harm in doing it to help change his image in the public eye. However, he later admitted that he regretted taking the photos, which he said looked ‘stupid and hammy’.
The statement from Kensington Palace has confirmed that Thomas will not be attending the Royal Wedding, which is set to take place at St. George’s Chapel in the grounds of the Windsor Castle on May 19.